Do you know what the right tire pressure for your tires is?
Get the most out of your Goodyear tires by hitting your favorite track with the ideal tire pressure. Why is the right pressure important? Because the right pressure affects the rolling resistance and handling of your bike, and increases your comfort as a cyclist.
What is also useful with optimal tire pressure is that the outer and inner tubes wear less quickly. This way you get the most out of your tires and bike! And let's face it, no one is waiting for that last bit of relaxation to cost them extra money. Therefore, before you hit the road, it is very important to know the correct pressure of your Goodyear tires.
What is the ideal Goodyear tire?
Goodyear has a wide range of tires for various segments such as the Eagle F1
and 4Seasons Vector
for road bikes, Peak
for Mountain bikes and Connector
The same tire pressure with different weather conditions?
Weather conditions are an important factor in how the pressure in your tires should be. For example, is it snowing? Then let some air out of your tires for more grip! In sunny weather, it's better to give your tires a little more pressure to go just a little faster!
How do you do that?
Fortunately, Goodyear has a handy tool for calculating the ideal tire pressure! It can be found at the following link: www.goodyearbike.com/tire-pressure-calculator/. With this tire pressure calculator, you can get the most out of your Goodyear bicycle tires.
How does it work?
1. Choose the correct weight unit.
2. Choose the correct air pressure unit.
3. Fill in your own body weight, the more precise the more optimal the air pressure is!
4. Then choose what cycling style you as a cyclist are doing or will be doing at that time.
5. Fill in the weight of the bike.
6. Fill in the wheel diameter. If you don't know this one right away, measure it, or look up the wheel in Google!
7. For both the front and rear tires, fill in how wide they are in millimeters.
8. The inner rim width should be entered here.
9. Select which Goodyear tires are on your bike at the front and rear.
10. Finally you fill in which spokes you have on your bike and which surface the tire has.
Once you have entered the correct information, the pressure for both your front and rear tire, can be seen at the bottom of the page. Inflate or deflate your Goodyear tires to get the ideal pressure to enjoy your ride.
Always check your tire pressure!
After all this, of course, it would be a shame if you can't check your tire pressure. After several days, does your tire still have the right pressure? There are a number of ways to measure tire pressure. You could buy an electronic tire pressure gauge or a bike pump with a pressure gauge like Trivio's Blizzard.
Of course, the ideal tire pressure on paper may not be the right one for you! In that case, keep experimenting and find your own ideal tire pressure. Pay attention! Never exceed the maximum inflation pressure of your tires, as this can be dangerous because there is a high risk of bursting the tire!
Don't hesitate to share your story with us!